The aims of the Mindful Family children programmes are:
• discovering an inner place with calmness and silence
• appreciating that life happens, whether we consider it good or maybe not so good.
• accepting and observing all kind of emotions, seeing they are just events and letting them
• recognising anger and hurt for example, and developing healthy habits to deal with these difficulties.
• noticing others’ feelings, growing empathy and compassion
• embracing joy in the present moment
All this is done by sharing activities and learning from them directly by personal experience.
Life is a succession of lessons which must be live to be understood.
Each session is designed to offer an opportunity for the children to learn through their own personal experience in order to "take it home and let it sink
in ". It includes:
- A beginning activity to enter our quiet space
- Several activities supporting the theme and the concept to be introduced and learn
- A closing time that introduces our home practice for the week.